Thursday, August 7, 2014

I am selfish. I am brave I am divergent.

Mom was nice enough to share her DVD copy of Divergent with me this week, and I must say... I was impressed. One of my fears in seeing the movie was that everything I imagined about the book, would be presented differently. But it wasn't... HOORAY!!!

Watching the movie though, reminded me of one... simple little thing.... I never had a chance to finish book 3 of the series last fall! WHAT??? Yes my dear friends, I was enrolled in a fiction class, and had 20 required books to read over the semester. Books like Allegiant fell to the wayside...

So, since I'm off until school starts again I downloaded the book onto my trusty tablet and spent all night (and most of the day) reading it. I won't post any spoilers here, but I was a bit sad. In my view, the story was always about Four, and what fangirl isn't in love with Four???

So in case your wondering, according to the test:
YOUR CHOICES DEMONSTRATE THE VIRTUES OF MORE THAN ONE FACTION,
SCORING HIGHEST IN AMITY AND ABNEGATION TRAITS

 So it's over now, well the books are, but we can celebrate our fandom with some awesome DIY ideas in the meantime:

Divergent inspired wire bracelet tut from Capital B. I'm sure they are multiple ways to modify this idea especially if you want to substitute the red wire beads. Check out the tut at: http://www.creativecapitalb.com/2014/03/divergent-inspired-dauntless-bracelet.html?m=1

Living Lucurto has designed free PDF printables for themed party ideas including faction tags, invites and more. Excellent for parties, book clubs, or movie nights. Get em at: http://www.livinglocurto.com/2014/03/divergent-party-free-printables/#sthash.NaQJVNPD.dpbs.

CurlyMade
And my absolute favorite: a template of swallows. In this tut the author used them to paint a wall, but I want to resize the template and decorate a book or my laptop. Get the PDF for free at: http://curlymade.blogspot.pt/2014/03/swallows-wall-decor.html

No comments:

Post a Comment